Happy Sunday, ya’ll! Tonight as I sit in bed, sippin’ my hot chocolate, with the aroma of cinnamon and vanilla candles around me, I feel quite accomplished and satisfied!
Today I woke up all ambitious about my plans for the day. I don’t know why, but as I laid in bed this morning scrolling through Instagram (don’t act like you don’t do it. No, but really, I have a problem. Like, a bad addiction), I decided I really wanted to rearrange my room. Im the kind of person who hates change, except when moving furniture/new furniture/decor is involved. So, that happened. Living alone is fine and all, until you need heavy lifting help.
Despite my built-in-heavy-lifting/using my butt to push furniture around my room today, I dragged myself to the gym for a real workout. The gym on Sundays is like, a bar on Monday night. Completely empty and weird. But, I like it. (I also like bars on Mondays). I wanted to switch my workout up a little, but not get TOO crazy (remember, I don’t like change?) so I went upstairs to the cardio theater and ran 2 miles. In the dark. While watching “Employee of the Month.” I actually reallllllly like this movie, for whatever reason. Dane Cook is hilarious. And Jessica Simpson is a terrible actress. Good combination for a giggle.
The cardio theater is cool and all, the only down fall is, ha, well, I thought I was going to fall the entire time. I used my handy dandy cell phone light to get myself situated ON the treadmill, and the entire time kept looking down to make sure I wasn’t about to fly off the back of it. Near death experience, really. I live my life on the edge (hahaaa, I’m not even trying to make these puns they just keep happening!)
Anyway, so it’s September. Which means it’s Fall… okay, not really. BUT its not Summer anymore (hallelujah). Annnd the weather is cooling off a bit. But most importantly, Starbucks has pumpkin spice lattes, bars are serving pumpkin beer on tap, and the grocery stores have pumpkin yogurt, cream cheese, coffee creamer, and lots of other goodies. OBSESSED. SO OBSESSED.
Today I purchased:
• Pumpkin Yogurt & Apple Crisp Yogurt… CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE FLAVORS EXIST? HOLY COW I AM SO HAPPY
• Pumpkin spice cream cheese… holy punnnkin’. I was eating it with my finger the second I walked in my door. What? no I wasn’t…thats…gross…….(yes i was.)
Things Im loving this week:
• THIS SMOOTHIE, MAH GAH. From Cup O Joe. It is a Vanilla, honey, banana smoothie and it is SOOO good! Ive had like 3 in the last 2 weeks and Im really not sorry about it.
• Foodles. Because I am a child. And if loving Disney til forever is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Also, these are delicious and a quick, fast snack. I maaaay have finished it on my way home from the store….
• Victorias Secret workout clothes. I just recently bought these running capris and this top, and I love them! So comfy and just darn wonderful.
• Breadless Sammiches. (Or unwiches as Jimmy John calls them.) Or Lettuce Tacos…Basically putting things I would normally put on a sammich, into a romaine leaf. I dont always have the time to chop up veggies for a salad, so this is essentially like eating a salad just in a different form. I even put cottage cheese in one for a post work-out snack. Delicious, easy, and fun to eat!
• Fall things 🙂 Sorry for the selfie, but I was really excited to bust out my scarf and sperrys this week!
More pumpkin talk…. I made pumpkin overnight oats. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 pumpkin yogurt
- a dash of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbps chia seeds
So excited to nom this bad boy in the morning!
Now, its time for hot chocolate, a movie, and bed!