HAPPY FRIDAY! 😀
I don’t know about you, but I’m not sure I’ve ever been more excited to end a work week. Between waking up at 6:00 a.m. to get a good workout in, and staying late at work, I am completely drained!
When I go to the gym I usually have a plan in my head. But lately I’ve been realizing that I really only do one workout the days I don’t meet with my trainer: running & elliptical. And honestly, I am so sick of it! I talked to my trainer and he suggested that I try different machines. I am a not, I repeat NOT, a fan of change, so I was a little resistant at first, but I am SO very glad I did.
He suggested trying to stair master. Umm this thing looks like a death machine, hence why I’ve never tried it before. Seriously, who in their right mind is like, “oh that looks fun and inviting. Let me just go climb some stairs and probably fall backwards in front of all these macho-men-workout-gurus.” Yeah, those were my initial thoughts, but oh how far I’ve come. Its actually a great workout and once you’re up there you kinda feel like the queen of the gym. So, there’s that. (Im still really afraid that I’ll fall backwards or miss a step or something. Stay tuned: I’m sure it’ll happen.)
10 is the magic number today! My workout today included:
- 10 minutes on the treadmill. Starting at speed 6 and working my way up to 7.5 by the end.
- 10 minutes on the stair-master. (Still didn’t fall. Hallelujah)
- Ab workout: medicine ball side twists // medicine ball half crunches // exercise ball rollouts // 45 second plank. 25 times each, 3 times.
- 10 minutes on the elliptical for a cool-down. On resistance 10! on incline 10!
10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10. SO many 10’s! I wonder if this 10 theme will reoccur in my day today!
Things I’m loving this week:
• Kind Bars. I am a HUGE fan of granola/power/energy bars. They’re so perfect for on-the-go schedules like mine and they give me fuel and nutrients I need. Lately, I’ve really been diggin’ kind bars. Especially this KIND (haha, get it?)
• Coconut Water. Now, I hate normal coconut water. But give me this flavored stuff and I’m a happy camper. Which probably means it’s really not coconut water anymore, but I still love it nonetheless.
Have a great friday! 🙂